Unlike most other floor covering options, wood is very forgiving. Most problems can be prevented with proper maintenance, but when problems do occur, renewal and repair usually is possible. For renewing and repairing stains and scratches on any wood floor, Please call us direct and we can assist you with your repairs.
Self Care and Maintenance
Here are some steps you can take to minimize maintenance and maintain the beauty of your wood floors as well.
• Put fabric-faced glides under the legs of furniture to prevent scuffing and scratching.
• Avoid walking on your wood floors with cleats, sports shoes and high heels. A 125-pound woman walking in high heels has an impact of 2,000 pounds per square inch. This kind of impact can dent any floor surface.
• When moving heavy furniture, do not slide it on wood flooring. It is best to pick up the furniture completely to protect the wood flooring.
• For wood flooring in the kitchen, place an area rug in front of the kitchen sink.
• Do not use vinyl or tile floor care products on wood floors. Self-polishing acrylic waxes cause wood to become slippery and appear dull quickly.
• Use throw rugs both inside and outside doorways to help prevent grit, dirt and other debris from being tracked onto your wood floors. This will prevent scratching.
• Do not wet-mop a wood floor. Standing water can dull the finish, damage the wood and leave a discoloring residue.
• Wipe up spills immediately with a slightly dampened towel.
Approved Wood Cleaners
Bona Professional Urethane Floor Cleaner
Bona waterborne floor cleaners are non-toxic and specifically designed to be safe for floors, families, and the environment. In addition, Bona microfiber cleaning pads are machine washable up to 300 times, saving your money and protecting the environment. GREENGUARD certified for indoor air quality and the more stringent Children and Schools Program.
Rubio Monocoat Oil Cleaners
Rubio Monocoat Soap is a soap for the regular cleaning of Rubio Monocoat oiled surfaces. The soap removes all dirt and grease thoroughly, without affecting the matte, natural look of the wood. It is required for use on all floors finished with Rubio Monocoat Oils to maintain the finish warranty.
Woca Oil Cleaners
WOCA Natural Soap is a soap for the regular cleaning of WOCA oiled surfaces. The soap removes all dirt and grease thoroughly, without affecting the matte, natural look of the wood. It is required for use on all floors finished with WOCA Oils to maintain the finish warranty.